Friday, July 24, 2009

Wait, what happened here?

So I have been getting some drops out of 10 man Ulduar lately and they appear at first glance to be nice upgrades for bear. However, while my attack power, haste, crit, and dodge go up, my health goes down. I have gotten the Valorous Nightsong head and shoulder pieces. And it kills me that it actually lowered my health approximately 2000 over what I was currently wearing. (I think I switched out my hands too, but since I can't seem to remember what the drop was that I switched the T7.5 hands for, ...)

So now the question becomes, should I sacrifice health for the other stats? Now, understand the following, I am not an enchanter, or a blacksmith, or a jewelcrafter so I don't have a huge health pool to start with. I only have about 32.5K unbuffed these days so when I switched those couple of pieces out and dropped below 30K, I nearly had a heart attack. I am not happy with my health pool being at 32.5K to start with, let alone falling below that. However, I do have about 42% dodge and 40% crit with around 6ooo AP.

But still, if your armor, dodge, AP, crit and haste all went up, would you sacrifice health?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not in Ulduar, no. And you can't say that the set bonus is worth it, either.

I don't know if you wanted a more thorough explanation or not, or if you wanted examples, but I can tell you my anecdotal experience is that it will not work the way that Ulduar's bosses fight. They hit hard, they hit with massive magic attacks, they blow through your dodge and hit you with two or three haymakers in a row and you crumple.

Keep it for the kitty set or just flat-out reconsider your stat priorities.