Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Which way did she go?

So, after a while of looking at things in my guild and us struggling with Marrowgar 25, I decided to switch things up.

My alt Shockylee, 80 Elemental Shaman, joined a more serious 25 man raiding guild and I'm loving it. I don't mind DKP and we are downing bosses. I raid on her on Tuesday/Thursday.

Ylee has stayed put in my guild and I'm still running my 10 mans on Wednesday nights but we are struggling with Saurafang given we don't have decent ranged dps nor a regular disc priest. Argh.

Yleedead, my 80 Disc Priest is now raiding on Sundays with another 10 man ICC.

Now the issue is that this has somewhat put me at odds with some of the other officers in my guild. But the thing is, sometimes you just can't continue to beat your head against the wall and expect different results. We have tried running 25 mans for as long as I have been in guild, and we have never been overly successful. We get good members, the raid for a while, then they leave for greener raiding pastures. It happens. I'm just wanting to see more of the bosses before the next expansion. It will never happen given that all we have allotted per week is 1.5 hours for 25 mans. That is a joke. So, I'm beginning to think it will never happen in BotH.

I'm having a lot of fun on Shockylee. It is nice to be able to just show up and raid. I don't have to worry about anything but being a good raider. Non Entity is the new guild, and while they aren't the best on server, they are much more serious about raiding and I like that. We are set up to raid between 6-9 hours per week for 25 mans and I'm happy about that.

So, as for feral stuff. I'm working on putting together a gear list that is 10 man normal content exclusive. All the lists I see always have 25 man mixed in and heroic mode in there too. I want to know what gear to look for if you aren't in the most cutting edge guild and you are just doing 10 man normals. So look for that in the next few days.

Also, you may notice a few more shaman related posts soon. I have noticed there are relatively few shaman blogs out there so I will be doing my research and seeing what I can find.

In the meantime, keep it furry!

No comments: