Thursday, April 9, 2009

Glyphs

From the 3.1 Official Patchnotes


Applying a glyph no longer requires a Lexicon of Power. The same rules for switching between dual talent specializations now apply to switching glyphs and cannot be performed while in combat, Battlegrounds (except when Preparation is up), or Arenas (no exceptions).


This change is a wonderful thing for Bearcats everywhere.  This means that if you truly need to be one or the other for a fight, you can swap glyphs in Ulduar and give that much more help to your raid.

Therefore, in my case, I can carry stacks of different glyphs:

Glyph of Mangle (situational, but I like it)

Most of the time I will choose glyphs so that I don't have to switch, but if my raid wipes a few times, it might be nice to give them a little extra help on my part.  Whether that be as bear or as cat, I want to do my best to kill that boss.

I will probably run with Glyph of Maul, Glyph of Savage Roar, and probably Glyph of Shred most of the time, but having the option to switch them out is very nice.

I personally have an Inscriptionist so I can make these much cheaper than you can buy them. I know that it will take me a while to learn all the new ones, but I will get them.  So ya'll should find yourself a nice Inscriptionist and see if you can trade them something worthwhile so they will hook you up!!  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget that Glyph of Savage Roar will be hard to find. You will need to buy or find some Books of Glyph Mastery.

Quote from PTR patch notes:

"These new recipes can be obtained from Books of Glyph Mastery found as world drops on Northrend monsters."

I hate that they made them this way. Hopefully the drop rate is not terrible.

Bank of Amorob - WoW Gold
Making Blog

Anonymous said...

The flipside of this is the dual-spec addition. You can have a pure Kitty DPS spec with accompanying glyphs and a fully glyphed Tank spec and flip those between attempts. I have rarely found a need to swap glyphs while within a certain role. I typically MT/OT. I could raise my DPS with different glyphs when relagated to OTing/DPS, but then the whole spec+glyphs would be even better.