Wednesday, April 1, 2009

You want me to do what?

So last night it was time for 25 man Naxx again....  And I have convinced a friend to come back and play on our server and he was specced tank.  So I was going to roll Kitty.  But then the unspeakable happened.... We  Were  Short  Healers.... dun dun dun......

So I specced tree and tried to figure out what the hell was mapped where and who I was supposed to be healing.  As I have said before, this is normally my wife's job.  But I thought I would give it a shot since I have been collecting all of this gear for healing.

So 2 Trees, 2 Priests and a Pally walk into Naxx for some healing action......

So the Spider wing goes fine, no issues there.  

On to the Plague wing, starting Noth and people get cursed and I'm told to Remove Curse..... Shit I don't have that set up in Healbot or on my bar.....  And neither do the two mages...Wipe.  So we rez and go back and now I have Healbot set up and the mages have Decursive going...... and Noth goes down...Yeah!  However, I got Healbot set up for Remove Curse but forgot to check to make sure that my CTL button was mapped correctly on my speedpad.  Had to map that in the middle of the Noth fight..... thank goodness that the G13 let me do that!

Okay, onto Heigan and the dance.  I learned a VERY important lesson.  Screw everyone else, don't heal them, just dance.  Needless to say I was trying to heal and dance at the same time and I died, and I never die on the dance when I'm melee or tanking.  So, no healing while dancing...got it.

Moving on to Loethab.  We are all still buffing and getting ready and a couple of us were still in the hall when someone pulled.  So a hunter, mage and myself get locked out of the fight.  And I thought surely I could keep the three of us alive.  WRONG. Damn it I suck.  I hate the friggin' 3 second healing window!  All three of us died.  Argh.  Well at least the rest of the group got him down. 

So on to Patchwerk and I'm assigned to the MT, which is good since he will need less healing.  Yeah!!  But one of our priest healers and his mage wife had to go to bed, so we are down to 4 healers.  Yeah, we just didn't quite have the healing to get it done, but I don't think I sucked that bad!!  I was able to keep my tank up so I am happy about that.

Overall I think it was a good run, we went and did VoA pretty quick after we left Naxx.  Several times I had to ask her, "Honey, how exactly am I supposed to heal this?" or "What the hell am I supposed to do?"   Don't get me wrong, I'm really not one of those bears.....  but I just don't have her knowledge of the best way to heal a tank on Patchwerk or really anything else.  And I keep forgetting to use Lifebloom.  oops, maybe I really should stick to Bear!  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I probably would have set 1 healer on each tank, according to gear/throughput and had you float HoTs on all 3. If your GCD is low enough and you time it correctly you can Regrowth, Rejuv AND Lifebloom everyone. Sometimes you can even squeeze off a wild growth for extra padding.

Amusing read though. I stick to Rejuv/Swiftmend/Wild Growth while dancing. It's kind of an art form, really XD. I'm sure to anyone looking at my hands it would appear as though I'm crafting an intricate alien hand signal.