Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Glyphs and the Bearcat . . .

With the new glyphs that are coming our way, the question becomes, but be a good Bearcat, which ones should we chose?  I want to be a good tank, but I also want to do respectable damage when I'm a cat and since my 2nd spec will be Tree, I only have 3 major and 3 minor glyphs for Bearcat.

Lets look at the choices that I would actually consider.  These are the major glyphs as the minor glyphs aren't changing.

Glyph of Barkskin - reduces the chance you will be critically hit by 25% while you have Barkskin up.
Glyph of Berserk - increases the duration of Berserk by 5 seconds.
Glyph of Growl - increases the chance for Growl to work by 8%.
Glyph of Mangle - increases the duration of Mangle by 6 seconds.
Glyph of Maul - Maul now hits 1 additional target.
Glyph of Savage Roar - Savage Roar gives 6% bonus damage
Glyph of Shred - Each time you Shred, the duration of your Rip is extended by 2 seconds, up to a max of 6 seconds.

Well, in my personal opinion, I have to have Mangle and Maul glyphs because they do a lot for me by working together since Mangle increases Maul's damage.  Currently I have these two with the Glyph of Growl so I don't have to worry about my Growl missing.

However, with the upcoming new Glyphs, I am debating between Berserk, Savage Roar, and Shred.  Since I do both Bear and Cat fairly often, I am thinking the Glyph of Mangle works for both, Glyph of Maul for Bear and then the last glyph is for Cat.  But which would be better?

Since the whole goal is to keep Savage Roar going at all times, I would think 6% damage would win almost every time especially since it will have a 100% uptime to get an extra 6% damage.  Berserk would only add 5 seconds onto my time, which works out to be 3 extra global cooldowns which toward the end of Berserk I am sometimes out of Energy anyway so I don't know that I would gain that much.  And extending my Rip 6 seconds total is nice, but really, there is no way it will do more damage in those 6 seconds every 30 seconds than increasing my total damage by 6% will.  

So, I think I'm going to go with Mangle, Maul and Savage Roar.

What are ya'll planning on glyphing?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Berserk is pretty much not in the running.

The top 3 glyphs fir each spec are:

Dpsing Druids will take
Shred, Rip, and the new Savage Roar

Tanking Druids will take
Maul, Frenzied Regeneration and Growl

I would avoid mangle and take Maul, SR and Shred.