Friday, October 29, 2010

Nerf Bat...run for your furry lives....





It seems, that we bears are in too good a place right now and on Beta. In a blue post about tanking, the are changing our Survival Instincts to 50% from 60% and moving the cooldown from 5 minutes to 2 minutes. Okay, that isn't so bad.

But wait there's more.

The are also lowering our stamina bonus from 20% to 10% and our Heart of the Wild stamina bonus from 10% to 6% so that we are closer in health to other plate tanks. Um, What? I thought the whole point was that bears got more health because we lacked other abilities that the plate tanks have. Can anyone say parry? This is a very large nerf for us, like 14% of our current health.

As it stands right now, I don't have that much more health than my off tanks. Fully buffed in ICC10 (with the extra 30%), I have 78,600 so, if I'm losing 14%, that puts me at 67,596 which is well below my off tanks which have around 75,000 and they have parry. Am I missing something? Are all the plate tanks going to lose health with 4.0.3 and I didn't see it?

Growl! I'm not a very happy bear!

1 comment:

Casey Hume said...

I can see why you feel that way, but realistically, right now, even in that raid we did, this situation was summed up about right:

Bears have more health + Bears take less damage = no reason to use any other tank.

Remember that Saurfang fight that we did where you took less damage than the dps? While you don't have as many cd's as a plate wearer, you do have that thingy that procs off every crit to reduce all incoming damage (and you're very crit heavy). That, combined with your higher dodge cap for diminishing returns means that you have as much dodge as we typically have combined dodge+parry, and your crit proc ability usually does a better job than our block.

Plus, I only have 68k health in ICC, so at least one of your off tanks is still below you.

I know it feels like a nerf, but I think it is necessary just to bring bears back into line with being a tank instead of being the tank.