Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Bad Kara Runs

So, my wife and I are leading our guild's second Kara runs last week, and they were driving me crazy. Let me break who we had down for you.

1. Me - Feral druid
2. Prot Warrior
3. Wife - Resto Druid
4. Holy Priest
5. Rogue
6. Warlock
7. Mage #1
8. Mage #2
9. Shaman #1
10. Shaman #2

Night 1.
Okay, so we are kind of slow the first night, as there are too many brbs, but we finish maiden. This took way too long, but we had a couple of new people, so we had to explain things more.

Night 2:
Romulus and Julianne. Never done it before, we had to learn as we went. Once we understood what to do, it was going smoother. What kills me is we had to keep telling shaman #2 he was attacking the wrong target and to switch targets. Argh.

Okay, so we move on to curator, no problem, one shot. Then Illhoof, we wipe once when warlock goes down even though it was the priests only job to keep her up. Then we move onto Shade. Here is where I want to kill people, the holy priest isn't dispelling the slow, and to top it off, Shaman #2 moves EVERY single time we have a flame wreath. We finally give up and go to bed. If I hadn't, I would have killed someone.

My wife found a website that everyone doing shade needs to have playing during the fight!
http://shadeofaranchant.ytmnd.com/
But this is hard to understand over the mic, I played it for the group on night 3.

Night 3: Shaman #2 is replace by Hunter #1 and Rogue is replaced by dps Warrior #2. And Shaman #1 is replaced by Priest #2. Priest #2 is in charge of dispelling slow, and after 2 attempts to down Shade, we get Priest #2 on voice, and we down Shade. We do Chess and we attempt Prince. Notice I said attempt Prince.

First attempt, bad infernals.
Second attempt, Priest #1 is replaced by Hunter #2. Bear tank dies in Phase 2.
Third attempt, Bear tank dies in Phase 2.

Now the thing is, the resto druid has over 50% of the healing for these fights. I reset between each fight. And the priest is down at 25-30% healing. And as a bear, there is no way for me to take a potion and not take massive damage. As a bear, I have over 20,000 HP, over 25,000 armor and dodge at 36%. I should be able to tank Prince and not die. I don't know what the heck keeps happening. We finally quit last night, but damn, I am frustrated.

Okay, this should not take 3 nights. I know this, you know this, but what the hell went wrong. I am now checking and double checking to make sure that people are Kara ready. And being Kara ready, does not mean you are Kara able. See shaman #2. His gear is Kara ready, but I was out damaging him on fights, even when I was tanking. That should not happen with an enhancement shaman.

Long story to say, make sure your people are Kara ready and Kara able, as these are two different things. Some people will never be raid ready, they just don't have the skills to raid. But if you are going to take them, you better make sure that everyone else is on the A game to compensate!

Anyone have any suggestions or comments?

No comments: