Friday, September 12, 2008

Gruul is down!

So, Band of the Hawk goes into Gruul's for the first time last night.  We had to pug about 5 people to make it, but we got enough people to go!  We had done our research, knew how it was supposed to go, and went in.

3 tanks - Bear and 2 warriors
6 healers - 2 trees, 2 pallies, 2 priests
Assorted DPS

We start deciding the job roles, and low and behold, I am main tank!  Woot!  I start working my way through the trash pulls, no problem!  

We get to the first boss.  The High King.  We make the assignments, and we have me on the HK, a warrior on Olm and a warrior on Blindeye, and then a frost mage on Krosh and two hunters on Kiggler.  

On the first try, Olm gets loose and we wipe.
On the second try, mage misses spell steal, we wipe.
On the thrid try, Olm gets loose and we wipe.

Here we decide to let the dps warrior tank Blindeye and put two tanks on Olm.  This method works and we down the group on try four.  Woo hoo.  It was tons of fun.

On to more trash pulls.  And then to Gruul.

On the first attempt, I'm tanking, doing my thing, and half of the dps dies on one of his Shatters.  Ouch, not fun.  

On the second attempt, a Ret pally joins the group to replace a shaman that has to go to bed.  And the ret pally rushes in before I do and grabs aggro and starts running around so I can't catch up and get aggro.  Argh!

On the third attempt,  everything goes as planned.  I'm tanking him in the center, except when I have to move him because of a cave in, but I respond pretty quickly since I'm running Deadly Boss Mobs.  I feral charge after he tosses me, and we work together as a group to get him down.  It was a beautiful thing to see 25 people come together and succeed.

I didn't get any loot, but my off tank for Kara got two T4 upgrades so that is nice.  He was very excited and I'm happy for him.

All in all, it was a great night.  I got to MT, and Steaky (my wife) was first in healing.  She was also very excited about that.

No comments: